Monday, February 13, 2006

LAX

I had never really been a big fan of Lacrosse going into the Colorado Mammoth game on Saturday night - football and hockey are more my style - but as I left the Pepsi Center I realized that they had turned me into one in just a matter of hours. I won't bore you with details of the game because it won't do it justice but I will tell you that they don't just claim that it's "the fastest sport on two feet"...it really is. These cats were checking like hockey players and running more than soccer players.

We all had a blast!!! I'm sure that won't be the last game I'll attend this year.


------------------------

A brief history lesson on Lacrosse

6 comments:

Jimmy said...

Oh! Bring that noise! I'm totally gonna get a stick...and a ball...and well, that's where the trash talkin' ends 'cause I've never played. But I'll be great someday! Possibly *the* greatest! You sure you still wanna step up?

David Tellez said...

Lacrosse is that thing where you hold a stick with a curved basket-type thingy and fling a ball, right?

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!! I told ya it was a fun game to watch! The great thing about going to the Mammoth (well the game itself, anyway LOL) is, it is much cheaper then hockey!!! Let's plan another game to go to!!! http://www.coloradomammoth.com/GameDay/schedule.aspx
Plus we did miss the beginning, which I know you will dig... girls, girls and more girls! ;-)

Jimmy said...

dt: haha! That's the one...I put that handy link at the bottom of the pic just for you. It's just not that big of a sport here in CO. As a matter of fact, I think it was only a club sport back in the day.

you know who!;o): yeah! I did have a blast! I still love hockey but that was a fun night out!

Voodoo said...

Nice, sorry it took me so long, but I've just started catching up with my own blog.

Glad you had a good time. Personally, I've been trying like mad to get out to buffalo for the championship game, but I just can't afford it.

Jimmy said...

Hey brother! No worries! I totally understand. We had a blast at the game and it was really cool to see you up on the big screen! You're famous man! ;o)

You probably already know this but Willy-B from KBPI has been giving away free tickets as well as airfare for the game. I guess they have a TON of tickets left.