Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I like it when it's hot!

Ever since I can remember I have loved spicy food. Come to think of it, I would actually rather have spicy food than just about anything else. I always have to have extra hot mustard when I eat Chinese food, extra wasabi (not waaaaaaassaaaaaabi!) when I eat sushi and I cannot get enough salsa or green chili when I eat Mexican food. Tabasco? Eggs and hashbrowns just wouldn't be the same. In fact, I tell everyone who is anyone in my life that I do not eat sweets because "I'm sweet enough". Yes, I would rather have the Easter Bunny bring chips and salsa than all of those delectable chocolates and jellybeans that the world seems to enjoy. I eat jalapeƱos raw, pickled or stuffed and I put them on or in just about everything from sandwiches to soup, salads to steaks, marinade to...well...you get the point. I even jokingly tell people that a jalapeƱo a day keeps the doctor away.

I think I have finally met my match.


A friend gave me a jar of it the other night for Christmas. Apparently, a local company called "La Denver Salsa Co. Inc." here in Denver makes it. This stuff is so hot I actually started sweating. I had tears coming out of my eyes. My whole head felt like it was going to melt. I could feel the blood rush to my gourd when I took my first bite and I got so excited that I almost fell out of my chair.

Alas, I cannot stop myself! I don't think I'm too terribly masochistic but I really think I'm addicted to capsaicin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! I received some Dave's Insanity sauce for Christmas. We'd been without it for about 6 months now and I really missed it. It's funny, while reading this, I was eating an egg sandwich with Tabasco!

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Mmmm Hmmmm, nothing better than some nice hotter than hell food. I can't get enough of it myself. It ain't good unless it makes you sweat.

However, I've got to one-up you on the hotness factor. Check out this bad boy I got for Christmas:

Bottle
Warning

:)

Jimmy said...

dan: hahaha!!! Dang, that sounds good. I haven't had an egg sandwich in at least a couple years. Time to cook it up! Thanks for the idea! The salsa is good and all but, oh, how I miss BB2. I knew about it going into the deal though.

ever: NICE! Where did you get that? Have you tried it????

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Not sure, Jen bought it, but you can find it various places online like http://www.hotsauce.com/. I'm not sure which store she went through, but said they made her sign a waiver to buy it.

No, I've been too nervous to crack it open. It almost feels like a collector's item anyway. :)