Saturday, March 19, 2005

Well, I'm finally back from Sacramento. I guess the trip could have been better. I don't know who wrote this contract or exactly how much we are getting for a finished product or phase but I do know that I walked out of there on Thursday feeling like it'll never really end. The new functionality the team in Sacramento County has asked for is totally out of scope. It's frustrating but I'll get over it.

Jenn has started to look for a new place to live. Things haven't been good for us in the past few months for one reason or another. It's really sad and I feel I've wasted the better part of 2 years on this relationship. I think some of it has to do with me having to travel for work but most of it deals with her not knowing what she wants out of life and out of a partner. There are so many things I'm going to miss about this girl. She really does have a lot of qualities that most people around me never saw or took the time to see. On the flip side, there are so many things I'm not going to miss. It still hurts.

My Dad is in Florida rebuilding a deck at one of their condos and fixing a hurricane shutter at the other condo. He has been there for almost 3 weeks. My Mom misses him so much. She calls me almost every day and tells me that she wants to be there to help him.

I'm not feeling very happy today. Jenn is playing softball all morning and then she goes directly to work until they close the bar down. My Mom called and wants me to pack up my stuff, load up the pups and come up to the lake. I may just do that.

No comments: