Monday, March 07, 2005

Wow!!! What a weekend. The past couple of days have been insane. It all started on Saturday night. I took a cab downtown where a lot of my friends gathered at The Celtic for a birthday party. We had a great time until the end of the night. My friends Kelly and Lisa were trying to get a cab when a couple of thugs drove up and started making lewd comments and when the girls didn't respond, it got worse. I was just about to walk up to them when Kelly's husband Cassen saw what was happening. He walked up to their truck and the punk in the passenger seat decided to get wise with with my friend. Cass ended up open hand b*tch slapping him right as the light turned green. I ran up to the door of his SUV and told the guy sorry but I also told him that he better not get out. The driver decided to be tough so he gets out and gets in my face. As I'm friggen apologizing to this guy, he proceeds to reach around to the small of his back and tell me that he's "packing" and that I better be able to "handle my business". Ya know, I've grown up around guns…all my life. What the hell is it about keeping a loaded weapon in the small of one's back. I just don't get that but it's happened to me twice now and both times I was able to grab the guy's arm and hold it there until I was able to determine that he didn't have a gun. And, like last time, it REALLY pisses me off that they would do something so stupid. It took A LOT for me to calm down and give this guy a pass because I sooooo wanted to head-butt this kid and see his nose explode for being such a punk thug. It chaps my hide just writing about it. I suppose one could argue that I put myself in that position but I told that guy (like all the others) that I didn't want to fight and that I was sorry...more for his benefit than my own. I finally got this guy calmed down after we both knew he didn't have a gun. I think he could see how hard I was trying to not give in and kick his ass so he got back into his SUV and drove off. How stupid is that?!?! I mean, like I said, it was a GREAT night up until that point. Yeah, my friend Cass didn't need to do that and it would have been over as soon as the light turned green if he hadn't. Cass also understands that. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be heading downtown anytime soon.

Then, late last night, I get a call from my parents that their house was on fire! Since it was windy, one of the loose power lines that run on the side of the house had shorted out on the metal casing and caused an explosion at the transformer. Public service was finally able shut the whole grid down so the fire fighters could search the house for hot-spots. The public service guy was finally able to turn the power back on around 2AM. Luckily, the damage to the house and the appliances was minimal. It still freaked me out.

What a weekend! Drama…drama…drama. It’s time to slow down a bit.

Jenn finally got back from Vegas last night. Feels like ages since I’ve seen her.

No comments: