Monday, April 25, 2005

Summer can’t come soon enough. I’m really excited about all the rain we’ve been getting. Most people don’t know this, and it hold true especially in Colorado, but rain actually warms our lakes.

I did a grip of work on the house this weekend.

Inside:
I’m almost completely finished with the door and I spackled some cracks and holes in the walls from various pictures, etc. It looks really good. I’m going to sand and texture when I get home tonight and then begin the work on the storm door. Thanks for the help Dad! You’re a smart cookie!

Outside:
I mowed the South side of the house and put vegetation killer down. I also picked up the landscaping material I will need to start in on the lava rock garden. I know it is going to look really good. I’ll probably add a few rose bushes in whiskey barrels once I get everything else done. You have to love old houses.

My house was built in 1951 and it desperately needs a remodel. I’m doing what I can when I can but finding the time and money is always a problem.

What’s next:
  • Removal of all those overgrown lilac bushes on the North and East
  • Driveway
  • Build Dog run
  • Replace all windows
  • Finish bathroom trim, paint and tile (some drywall work)
  • Kitchen remodel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a hard job but kinda fun. Now that you have some help

Jimmy said...

Yeah...the "help" helps! ;o)