Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Capt'n, I'm givin' her all she's got!

I'm really not a big fan of power failures. They actually kinda suck...especially when you live alone. And, it was DARK! Like really dark. There was really nothing to do. I mean, you light a few candles, find a flashlight, go outside and water the lawn...but only after tripping over just about everything one could trip over on a lawn. What else can you do? You can't really read anything because there's not enough light, the internet (of course) isn't an option, and the T.V. doesn't work. I hung out with the pups for a few but they're black and I really couldn't see them. All because some brainiac decided to hit a powerline pole like 5-10 miles away. Talk about a huge grid! To make things worse, the houses two blocks away had power. That's just recockulous. So I just sat there until my A.D.D. kicked into overdrive. I started war-dialing pretty much anybody I could.

What does it boil down to...well...I can't stand being bored. Had someone else been there, it probably would have been a different (fun) story. Instead, I was just annoyed. Not Scottish. Not Scottish at all.

I was able to talk my friend into taking care of the boys for me though. She lives up the street and yes, her house also had no power. You ROCK girl! Thank you!

5 comments:

M said...

i live near Lowe's Motor Speedway and a few years back during a race weekend, our power kept going out. i think everything just got overloaded. to make a long story short, a cop was out directing traffic, and i almost HIT him because i couldn't see him. he stopped me, asked me to roll down my window, and told me to "be more careful next time." hehe. that's my power outage story. kinda gay, i know. take care! :-)

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Wow, that *is* a large power grid. I was driving to dinner last night and passed some cars just down the road from me that got themselves into a nice pile-up and knocked some power poles down too.

Jimmy said...

manda: Wow! That's wild! I mean, he's the one person you don't wanna hit! Yikes!

blondie: HA! Not I, said the fly! I'm a safe driver. I'm assuming it was some chick. ha! ;o)

ever: Those things are totally durable too. You know how much force it would take to knock one down???

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Quite a bit by the looks of the cars. ;)

Jimmy said...

AMEN! I hope those people were alright.