Thursday, October 06, 2005

Godfather

Jason, just asked me to be the Godfather to his daughter, Ronnie! I can't even explain in words how excited I am! It actually choked me up. With all the other woman related high maintenance, manipulative, and just plain mean stuff I've had to deal with for the past couple of weeks (thank God that's over), this is my silver lining. Funny thing about silver linings...some are big...some are small...but they are always there if you pay attention.

This is a HUGE honor for me and I wholeheartedly accept the responsibility.

-----------------------------
Ronnie,
On being your Godfather...
I pledge to be the best Godfather I can possibly be to you, little girl. I pledge to be there for you should you ever need me. I pledge to to always treasure you as the special blessing that you are.
On being a daughter...
Please remember, your parents are very special people (they mean the world to me) and they love you very much. Love them, trust them and respect them with all your heart and in every situation.
On becoming Baptized Catholic...
Question your faith at all times for it is through questioning your faith, that you will come to understand it.
On your Baptism Day...
May the grace of God shine upon you and may His love be with you forever.

With love, care and vigilance...your Godfather,
Uncle Jimmy

6 comments:

M said...

sounds like you'll make an awesome godfather, sweetie. and one day a great "father" too! take care! :-)

M said...

thank YOU for your kind comment. glad you're writing again. :-)

Jimmy said...

blondie: Thank you so much! It totally made my day yesterday and I'm still excited today! I squirted one at least a few times when I was thinking about it last night and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :o)

manda: Thank you!!!! :o) Hopefully someday! I want 'em...I just need to find the right "one" first. You are very welcome. It helps me so hopefully it helps you.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy the honor is mine! You are like a brother to me man. If I croak it will be up to you to tell Ronnie how cool her dad was :)

- Jason

Jimmy said...

Deal brother but you're not croaking any time soon! ;o)

Jimmy said...

Hetero man-love is nothing at which to scoff! Hold your tongue or you get the hose again. ;o)