Monday, June 26, 2006

I didn't know Uranus is bigger than the Earth!

A little Monday fun fact to know and tell your friends.

Saw The Lake House on Friday night. I liked it despite being told that I cried -I didn't- and being hit on the arm because I said she should have sent the sports scores and lotto numbers to him.

The truck needed a little TLC on Saturday so after brunch at the local cafe I spent most of the day vacuuming, washing, waxing, and Armor-All(ing) every square inch only to have to rain\hail later that night. Good times...yeah, I know...but what do ya do. It needed to be done. I guess it's back to the car wash again tonight but this time it'll only take like 10 minutes.

Larah and I had a ball at Dan's 30th birthday party. We started off at the Texas Road House - I can still out-cook them- and then went to his house to booze it up and play some cards. All my friends are really into playing poker and I've just seen way too many IOUs for hundreds of dollars to even attempt to join in. I work too hard for the money I make. Aaaaah, I miss the days of playing "Asshole" and including the girls. Was still good to see them all though.

Yesterday was a lazy day.

T-minus 4 days and counting until vacation. Larah and I will be heading up to the lake for ten days of much needed R&R. I think we'll have a blast! On the stack for this weekend (at the lake):

  • Saturday, July 1st (8am to 11am) - Breakfast Burritos
  • Saturday, July 1st (9am to noon) - Fun Day (games and such for the kids)
  • Saturday, July 1st (7pm to midnight) - Car Show, 50s Dance & boozin'
  • Sunday, July 2nd (9am to whenever it's over) - Horseshoe Tournament (redneck and I love it!)

Oh! Check it...I put together a collage of pics from Jackson this year...
...that's about as creative as it gets, folks.

hasta!

4 comments:

mcBlogger said...

I totally would have said the same thing about the Lake house, was thinking it when I saw the commercial. They could be rich !!

flea said...

ok you went and saw the Lake House....wow what a man! i couldn't pay my hubby to go (course i could try bribing him with beer) but that would so not be a movie he would go check out, even though i'm dying to see it!

David Tellez said...

Wait, so what are those other planets in that link? Are those like the new ones they just found or what?

And dude...love your awesomely cool collage! Especially the mermaid fountain!

Jimmy said...

mcblogger: Seriously! Great minds think alike! :o)

flea: Really? It was a drama and all but I'm a Sandra Bulluk fan. She's a hottie...in the "girl next door" kinda way.

dt: Yeah, I think so.
Hey, thanks! I'm sure it won't win any awards but I had some time on my hands and thought I'd play around with MSPaint.

pandora: haha! Well, I hope you didn't expect an action packed thriller but it did have a little bit of a twist (which I figured out in the first 2 minutes). All in all, I liked it...if for nothing else to change it up. Oh, and by actively suggesting and following through on a chick-flick, I scored points with the g/f! Who says romance is dead? ;o)