Thursday, June 29, 2006

OOO

T-minus 30 minutes until vacation officially starts. I need to break free of these cube walls for awhile so I can enjoy what's left of the water we have at the lake. Damn Colorado and the water policies here.

Anyway, this weekend should be especially fun. They're having a '50s car show and dance one night and a horseshoe tournament the next day. I know it sounds all redneck but I'm actually looking forward to the horseshoe comp. I'm thinking about not shaving, wearing a stained wife-beater, a pair of jeans, and a John Deere cap. I have my technique worked out and everything: I'll "pitch" with a beer in one hand and the "shoe" in the other. I figure the beer will balance the weight of the shoe...it's simple physics, dear Watson. Yeah, I'll bring home the bacon (or I'll run off with at least one horseshoe - they can't stop me...they can only hope to contain me).

Adios! Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down, c'mon. ;o)

5 comments:

David Tellez said...

"Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down"? Ok, that's one you're gonna have to explain to me...

AM said...

Just got back from mine (my vacation), have fun in yours and see you soon.
:D

Buffy said...

Someone's had a long vacation...

mcBlogger said...

have a fantabulous vacation!!

Jimmy said...

pandora: haha! You'd be shocked...it's a lot harder than it looks especially after 5 or 6!

d.t.: it's trucker-lingo: shiny side is the top of the vehicle while the greasy side is the bottom.

am_pm: Very cool! Hope you had as much fun as I did! :o)

buffy: 10 days of bliss! I loved it! You're quite the writer there little missy! I checked out your site yesterday. Good stuff! ;o)

mcblogger: Thank ya! I did, fo' sho'! It ended way too soon.