Monday, December 19, 2005

Yeah, it's a Monday...


...or what's left of it anyway. Ever walk into work psyched, pumped and ready to take on the day with the enthusiasm and vigor of ten normal men just to be beat down like a red-headed step child...and all before lunch? Yeah, well that was about the sum total of my day today. Pretty much everywhere I turned, I didn't get the answers for which I was looking, things were breaking left and right and to top it all off, my customers decided to have an impromptu meeting or two just to (their words) "put me on the spot". It's no fun talking your way out of a painted corner...well, that's a half truth at best. ;o) Most days like this, I come out smelling like a rose. Today, not so much. It was bad news after bad news followed by more - you guessed it - bad news...and after such a stellar week last week. I thought I had it all planned out, my strategy was set, my tact was true and the wheels were in motion. Aaah, the ebb and flow of the software world, I guess that's why I love it so. It keeps me on my toes and even sometimes knocks me on my...well...you know what I mean.

I'm ready to settle into a nice evening of Monday night football, laundry, a cocktail with dinner and some much needed QT with my Bo and Arrow.

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

dweleg: I can relate all too well to some of your posts. Our lives are a negotiation. You win some and the goal is to lose even less. Most days that works out for me. Needless to say, it was a good "rest of the night". It's all good. I knew today was going to be a new day. I slept on it and came up with a new tact...today, I got my way. It hurts sometimes...I just wanna kiss myself. ;o)

pandora: You? Lonely? Say it isn't so! My pups are a bit on the hairy side so they don't actually make it on the bed with me. It's too hot up there for them anyway. I tried it when I first got them and they couldn't wait to get down.

blondie: Thanks momma! It aleady has. I dropped back into the zone today without strife.

Anonymous said...

Must have been going around... I had to show up at my clients in the same cloths and day old make-up from Sunday, due to the airline loosing my luggage... nothing like being professional in day old jeans! ;-)

Jimmy said...

you know who ;-): Yes! It was much like that...well, minus the clothes and day old make-up. Today has been going MUCH betta though! See! If these people would just agree with me in the first place, the world would be copacetic. ;o)