Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fill up my jug...

...and I'll hush up my mug. Just got my annual review back and I think I need a drink to celebrate my ability to "walk on water". That was actually said in the meeting...walk on water. Makes it sound so easy, huh? Like I have an innate ability to crank these projects out and make them shine.

Uuuuummm, no. It wasn't easy and of course I didn't do it alone. Wonder why my blog sucks lately? I worked my ass off over the past review cycle. In any case, it's time to celebrate being part of a very small team who brought home and closed-out the biggest project in the history of this company (at least for this phase and payment milestone). It's time to celebrate high marks in a really tough review cycle. It's time to celebrate...so fill up my jug and I'll hush up my mug.

8 comments:

flea said...

dude way to go!! i knew you were a stud muffin!

~CONGRATS~

Jimmy said...

Thanks brother. Yeah, that was the hardest career move I've ever had to make. I absolutely love the customer interaction I get over here. I guess I never got that there and the talent you speak of was left untapped. That was one of the main reasons I hung my nutz out there and made the move. Doesn't mean I don't love y'all like family though. I learned a TON while I was there.

heeeeeeell yeah! CC has been going off for awhile now. I've seen your blog and I'm psyched you're moving down there! I'm sure we'll rip it up a few times. Did you know that I only live like 15 minutes from you? ;o)

Jimmy said...

Thank ya darlin'! I'm pretty psyched! ;o)

David Tellez said...

Walk on water, eh? Cool. It's nice to be congratulated on a job well done, every now and then...just I hope you didnt forget to thank the people that helped you...

Rick Bettencourt said...

Stumbled upon your blog from...not quite sure...but interesting read. Congrats on your A+ job review.

Bandit Talks

AM said...

Huh?! hellooooooooooo! I didn't receive any invitation for any party?!
:( aren't we celebrating?!

Anonymous said...

I glad you stole my password because I just called my lawyer and he contacted blogger. Thank for making me rich. I take your house I take your job and I hope you dont have kids cause I take them too. Their is no law for talking shit on blog to someone but there is a privacy law you broked it!!

Jimmy said...

d.t.: of course! I couldn't have done it without them. Only 2 more phases (and payment milestones) to go.

rick: Hi Rick! Welcome and Thanks! I checked out your blog. Good luck with the book!

am_pm: Wasn't much of a party but I did have a shot or two for ya! ;o)

Little boy puke: haha! I'm short, huh? haha! OK...well, if you're feeling froggy...jump! Aaaaah, that's right...you choose to hide behind your blog. You have no idea what position I hold or what I do for a living. Wait a sec...I talked shit to you??? You better check yourself because you are sadly mistaken.

anonymous: huh?