Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend happenings

Larah, the boys and I decided to beat-it out of town by heading up to the lake last Friday night for some much needed R&R. Upon returning home from work, we packed and were on the road in about an hour...a new record for me.

Much earlier that day we decided to purchase fishing licenses because I heard that the State Game and Fish Department stocked the lake with game-fish. I was taken aback by the cost of said fishing licenses...the last time I purchased a combo small game\fish license I think I spent no more than 25 bucks. The fishing ONLY license was over 30 this year. Not only does the Colorado SGF get our lottery money, they have to gouge our pocketbooks to hunt and fish too. grrrrrrr!

Now, I wouldn't classify myself as a professional fisherman nor do I pride myself on my fishing technique -I'm more the "drink in one hand and a wakeboard in the other" type- but we did end up catching a good buzz and a few fish Saturday afternoon and I have the pictures to prove it! Larah even brought in possibly the biggest grass-bass I have ever seen!!! Apparently there ARE fish in Jackson Lake. I've heard tales that fish other than the notorious party-carp roam the waters there but I've never been able to catch them so I dismissed any such claims as crazy-talk and went about my business.

After a couple of hours the weather turned on us so we loaded up the truck and proceeded to drive around the park. I was amazed at how much the park has grown. I remember when the park consisted of baron lots with nothing more than a fence separating each plot...sometimes there wasn't even a divider. Now, property owners are building multi-story houses with large decks and garages. Alas, it really is one of the only places in Colorado where you can own a piece of land so close to a large body of water.

We headed back to the lake house to replenish our drinks and I managed to crank out steaks and salad for dinner...then retired early.

We woke up to snow and below freezing temperatures on Sunday. After breakfast we decided it was too cold to go fishing so I broke out the DVDs, a blanket and some milk and cookies. ;o)

The drive home was interesting to say the least. The closer we got to Denver, the more snow seemed to fall. Wrecks and stalls littered the interstate and I was worried I was going to miss the Sopranos premier. I did see a Texan with a big Ford .5 ton in the ditch though...I know it sound bad and it's probably bad karma but it did make me smile.

Anyway, we made it home safely and the Sopranos was just starting. All in all...a great weekend and it was just what the doctor ordered.

(oh yeah! To the fishermen in the boat over my left shoulder...I'm sorry for catching all your fish! Those poor guys were out there all day and I think the only thing they caught was a cold.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not ashamed to admit that I lack in the 'fisherwoman' category (LOL) but as always... I had a blast! ;-)

Jimmy said...

larah: I did too bebe! I wished it was warmer for us. We'll do it again soon.

puke: Greeeeeat! you're back. Dude, you really need to get a life. If you think I'm such a blob of shit and think I have baby fat, come at me like a man. I'd be more than happy to settle this like a gentleman. I've told you time and time again that we can handle this like that but you continue to take the high-road...or is this the kind of boy you are going to continue to be for the rest of your life? You claim to be all motivated but I don't see it.

Jimmy said...

Little boy puke is nothing more than that. He'll continue to hide behind his blog and post random "shots"...if you want to call them that. Zero character and zero honor. He bores me and apathy is starting to set in.

Jimmy said...

LPB: in case you were wondering "apathy" means "Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference".

Anonymous said...

Jimmy! You disable my profile. I am asking you the final time to put my profile back. I have a receipt of this comment. If my profile not back I will process farther legal action. -Peep Bo Little

Anonymous said...

Hey DILF, I mean Jimmy, this blog is actually more gay than your other blog.

David Tellez said...

Weren't you freezing?! The entire time I'm reading your story, my teeth are chattering! How'd you do it?! And how do you even call it a weekend of R & R when your shivering? Eh...at least you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Bo-peep you are a disgrace to mother Russia! Hooyesos! Pacheemu ti takoy galuboy?

Jimmy said...

aaaaaah...a plethora of anonymous comments today. Interesting.

anonymous #1: Thanks for the compliment. Larah *is* gorgeous (inside and out) and though I know this puke's harassing comments are affecting her, she's taking this like a champ. A real man would have the cajones to say it to my face. He apparently doesn't have the sand to take that step. Unlike him, I can seriously care less about his sexual orientation or anything else that remotely relates to him.

anonymous #2: little boy puke (if this really is you)...you don't have the balls to post with your picture anymore? What do you mean "put your profile back"? I didn’t do anything to your profile, moron but by all means, “process farther legal action”! I actually find that mildly interesting. I know you aren’t from this glorious country and I should probably call the INS on you but you better review the 6th Amendment to the Bill of Rights - especially this part: ”be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him”.

anonymous #3: Oh, how clever, witty and bold of you! As I've stated many times, I created this blog for my friends and family as a means for them to keep current on my happenings. This is no ploy for attention. I'm not at the friend-mall and I'm not friend-shopping. I have enough friends and I don't crave attention especially from the likes of an anonymous commenter like you. Don't like it, don't read it; it wasn't meant for you anyway.

d.t.: haha! Yeah, we had a ball despite the cold front and we kept each other warm. ;o)

anonymous #4: ummmm...I don't know what that means but OK. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :o)

Jimmy said...

hahaha! ;o) I figured that had a "Jason-type" tone. What up kid???