Friday, May 19, 2006

Bald Friday

A few weeks ago a guy in my company decided to put on a charity event. No biggie - I see emails all the time for some really great causes but this one caught my eye. It had a link to http://www.stbaldricks.org. Being the good Catholic boy that I am and never hearing of dear Saint Baldrick, I decided to take a look at the website for some gainful knowledge about said organization. Seems St. Baldrick's is the worlds largest fun-draiser dedicated to conquering childhood cancer. A noble cause indeed! I read on...

The premise behind this fundraiser is that the organizer of said event chooses to shave his or her head in the name of this great cause for donations from friends, family and in this case, coworkers.

Now this poor organizer could take the Pepsi challenge with any hair band from back in the 80s when it comes to hair length...I could tell it was his pride-and-joy. But he was willing to give it up all in the name of charity so I tip my hat to him. He needed a barber and since I'm already bald, I was designated as the man with the golden shears. I just know it was like passing a kidney stone as he saw his rocker-locks falling to the floor so I kept reminding him of all the good karma he'd be receiving and of all the kids we were helping. He ended up getting through the event with his chin held high and a smile on his face.

All-in-all it's such a great event for such a great cause! I highly recommend it!

Take a break, think of the kids and check out the site then let me know if you're in need of a good barber. I'd gladly offer up my services! ;o)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

That rules! :)

Jimmy said...

I thought you could appreciate that. I wish I would have thought about it before you shaved off your beard. We could have easily added your dome and done it for a good cause!