Monday, May 01, 2006

A Day Without Illegal Immigrants

Normally I don't share my political views on my blog or otherwise (I'm sure you can guess which end of the political spectrum I fall) but I just came across a pretty disturbing website. I about fell out of my chair when I saw it. Do the Mexican people (these in particular) realize how much money flows into their country from America?

In my opinion, amnesty is not an option when there is a process and laws backing up that process for entry into this great country. By all means, come in, raise a family, build a life, and work hard...but (and here's the kicker)...enter the states legally (and pay your taxes like the rest of us).

It seems the Minuteman Project volunteers and websites like NumbersUSA may actually make a difference.

3 comments:

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

So much to say on this subject, so many different sides to the argument.

I'm okay until we get to the parts about "demanding this" cuz "we owe them" for that.

Excuse me? Try those shenanigans in any other country...including your own...and see what happens.

David Tellez said...

I'm Mexican, and I can honestly say I didnt march on Monday. I dont really support their cause. I understand they want a better life, but when they take jobs for less money, they take away my job potential too. What we need to do is come up with a worker relation program that would benefit everyone, and not just one group, you know?

Jimmy said...

ever: Very true.

dt: I know this debate has gotten pretty heated here in CO and I can only imagine what it's like in AZ. We have a worker relation program...it's called a Visa. We just need to take the proverbial "cuffs" off our local and federal law enforcement and let them do their jobs. Yes, it's a pain in the ass to become an American citizen but all things worthwhile aren't normally easy. Again, just my $0.02.