Thursday, May 04, 2006

Shish Kabob

...was what was on the menu tonight but the damn weather isn't cooperating! I have both chicken breast and beef marinating in a top secret marinade, peppers, mushrooms and all sorts of yummy veggies waiting to be skewered and cocktail shrimp screaming to be BBQed. The hickory chips have been soaking in red-wine\water all night and I'm all but ready to kick the tires and light the fires on the Weber. How lame is a severe thunderstorm warning which will undoubtedly include hail?
I really don't know how I can concentrate on trivial matters such as food preparation while the poor French are rioting in the streets over having to "possibly" work more than 6 hours a day, "possibly" not be able to take the whole month of August off (paid of course) and "possibly" losing their jobs if their employer asks them to work more than 6 hours a day...of course that's only if you're 26 years of age or younger which means you can pretty much do whatever you want if you're 27 and not get fired. How do these people do it? I mean, that's pretty much slave labor, isn't it?

2 comments:

David Tellez said...

Dude! That totally sucks! You make all these plans, but then something happens and ya gotta switch...so what did you end up doing? I remember the same thing happened to my aunt one time, and so she brought the barbeque inside the house. The entire roof was pitch-black. But the food was delicious!

And do the French really only work 6 hour days and get a whole month of paid vacation?! Why am I still living here?!

Jimmy said...

I'm not sure what I did for food that night but I didn't bring the BBQ in the house! THAT is classic!

Yeah, that's what they are rioting about right now, it seems.