Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bo and Arrow

So I've been on doggie duty for the past (almost) two weeks. Both dogs were at the vet the Monday before last and it was deemed necessary for both of them to go under the knife yesterday. Poor pups. Arrow is still at the hospital but I get to pick him up tonight and I was able to pick up Bo last night. He's home and recovering.

Here's the run-down thus far...
  • Bo - Vaccinations, removal of abscess on both eyelids, teeth cleaning, nail trimming
  • Arrow - Impacted dew-claw (removal of abscess), teeth cleaning, removal of 4 gum abscesses, nail trimming and vaccinations
Needless to say, both pups aren't feeling their best right now nor is their owner's nerves or his pocketbook. Doggie Insurance is looking like a mighty-fine idea right about now.

5 comments:

flea said...

oh the poor babies and your wallett!

i put off taking mine to the vet as long possible (mean i know) but it's so expensive!

hope there all better soon :)

Jimmy said...

d: Thanks man. done deal on Friday. If you're going to the service, I'll see you there.

flea: thanks girl. Yeah, it actually hurt my heart to leave Arrow there over night. I didn't sleep at all. And while I can't say money is no object, I can say that they both work their tails off for me during hunting season. Kinda makes it hard to balk at forking it over, ya know? Thanks for the well-wishes! :o)

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Drag man, sorry to hear about this one. I have a feeling Bo & Arrow are going to be up and at 'em again a lot sooner than your wallet is. ;) Glad they came through everything okay!

Jimmy said...

ever: Oh soooooo true! They're already starting to feel better though Arrow still has to wear that stupid cone thing around his head. Bo is tip top. My wallet...not so much. Good thing I got most of the boat gas *before* the went to the vet.

Unknown said...

oy- my oldest beagle just had a colon polyp removed. We didn't test for cancer (I wouldn't put him through the treatment if it were cancerous) but the vet thinks it is looking good for being non-invasive. I am SOOO understanding the vet deal, between the bill, and worrying about the dogs/bill, and having the whole thoughts about how I SHOULD have bought dog insurance when he was young and healthy.... ugh. And taking time off work to get them there and pick them up.... It's endless. Darn kids anyway.