Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Well, I guess my ankle is sprained. The doctor said it's the anterior ligament...all I know is that it hurts like hell. He twisted it the "wrong" way this morning and I about flew out of the bed. So, I have to take it easy for the next few weeks and wear this gel cast. I guess it's better than a real cast. I guess that's what I get for snowboarding when I should have just waited until wakeboard season. Damn snow.

My Dad called me when he got home from going to the doc with me. I guess the contractor they had working on the house ended up building the scaffolding a little too close to the power line. I guess his heart stopped and had it not been for a nurse who was in the park across the street, he would have died. The irony of this is that the contractor was out there to fix the damage that was done to the house three months ago because of the power line being too close to the house. My Mom and Dad have called XCEL Energy no less than three times a week since that happened. They have done NOTHING. It kind of freaks me out because if I didn't have that doctor appointment, my Dad would have probably been helping those guys (that's just the way he is).

I guess the guy is just now in stable condition (he had been in critical condition all morning). I think this was the final straw for my "rents". They called all the local news stations and I guess it'll be on the news tonight. I hope they didn't film my Dad bitching out the XCEL guy. He said he called them every name in the book.

7 News
7 News Video

Three beers to close calls.

No comments: