Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Went up to Glendo with the Mullen\Bear Creek crew over Memorial Day weekend. Here is the rundown-

Friday night: We get up there around 11ish with jet ski in tow. Set up tent in record time and commence with the drinking whilst sitting by the campfire. Sam's Club sized bottle of Jägermeister lands in my lap at 11:30. End up going to bed at about 5 AM.

Saturday: Gorgeous day. Felt a little rough but after a few red-beers and some Italian sausages, I was ready to tube and ride the jetski (mostly because I didn't want to screw up my ankle). Discovered a couple of nice little coves while I was on the jetski. I also spotted a nice tube just sitting in the middle of the lake. It even had a really nice tube rope attached. We sat there for about an hour to see if anyone would claim it to no avail. Great day! I'll give it a 7 out of 10 (the water was a little cold).

Saturday night: The wind blew in those clouds on Saturday night but we toughed it out and partied until the wee morning hours on Sunday. Went to bed again at like 5. Ate a good ribeye that night though. This thing was probably 2 lbs of meat. I gave my boys 1/2 of it...they love me again.

Sunday: Overcast and a little windy but we kept the campfire going. We all sat around it and yes, you guessed it...drank yet again. This gets a 4 of 10 for obvious reasons.

Sunday night: The wind stopped but it started to rain...and rain...and rain some more. We were having to soak the wood in gas in order for it to burn. It was pretty much a muddy mess. VERY duuuuuuuurty...and not the good kinda duuuurty. That's alright though...if you get sh*tty enough it really doesn't matter. My liver finally told me it had enough margaritas and it was ready to go to bed at like 4.

Monday: Got up at like 11 (mainly because I didn't want to get out of my sleeping bag) and immediately started packing. I'd had enough "camping". People were getting stuck left and right trying to get up the hill to get out of there. Of course I didn't get stuck...I drive a Dodge. ;o) This gets a 2 of 10 but only because it wasn't snowing.

Trips like this really make me appreciate my parent's lake house which is where I'll be over the 4th. I like what I call the necessities...tap water, shower, microwave, stove, sat TV, hot tub, grass, shelter (tents are NOT shelter), and a bed.

Here are some pics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like someone kind of wimped out. Where were the women

Jimmy said...

Wimped out? Hmmmm...I think not. I lasted longer than most up there. Thank God for my new sleeping bag. It's good to -20 degrees. I do need a new tent if I'm going to go again.

Oh and the "women" are a part of that "crew" I was referring to in the blog entry. There were about 13 of us all together.