Friday, August 05, 2005

Hell yeah! The Friday Five BABY!

What a week! TGIF!

1. If you could invite five people to dinner from history, living or dead, who would they be?
Interesting. So I'd only get to talk to all 5 over dinner and that's it? Man, that's rough...
  • Jesus
  • Albert Einstein
  • My Dad
  • Bill Gates
  • Wyatt Earp
2. Why have you chosen these five individuals?
  • Jesus: not that I'm a holy roller or anything but there's a few things I wanna "bounce off" Him.
  • Albert Einstein: I'm thinking he'd be a bit over my head but I'd love to sit and listen to him brain dump about the quantum theory, the theory of general relativity, the theory of relativity and E=mc2. Plus, he's German so I'd have a shot of RumpleMintz waiting for everyone when he's done speaking.
  • My Dad: he's my father and my best friend. The man cracks me up. 'nuff said.
  • Bill Gates: I mean, who wouldn't. Some love him...some hate him but, you gotta give it to him. The man is probably one of the (if not THE) greatest business men on the face of the planet. I've seen how much MSFT stock he sells on a quarterly basis. It's sick.
  • Wyatt Earp: OK now...Tombstone is probably one of the greatest movies of all time. That aside, I've done a lot of research on his life and he was a pretty dynamic man.

3. What would you serve for dinner?
hmmmm...for that crew? I'd say Ribeyes, garlic mashed potatoes, salad and a German chocolate cake. Damn, I'm hungry now.

4. What would you like to ask them?
Oh, I have so many questions. I think I took care of Einstein above and Jesus would probably get the obvious questions as well as some of the things I really want (read: need) to know. But mostly I wouldn't structure the conversation. It would be stream of conscious and spontaneous.

5. Do you think everybody seated at the table would get along? Why or why not?
Probably not. Wyatt would end up getting tired of Bill Gates' "gas" and kick his azz. ;o)

12 comments:

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Kudos for taking this list on Jimmy! I took one look at it and immediatly decided it would take too much thought for a Friday and went with the alternate list. :)

Totally agree with your Einstein invitation, he's been at the top of my list of people to meet since I was a little kid. Although I wouldn't ask him any real theory stuff, I just want to hang with the guy.

Jimmy said...

hahaha!!! Man, it was. It's a good thing I was actually able to take a lunch today.

Hell yeah! I'd totally like to get him started and let him go off on a tangent. That's a tough question though because 5 people at dinner would be a little too much. I could see them spread it out over a week but 5 at the same time? hmmmm...

M said...

Wyatt Earp? What a name.... :-)

i had a German chocolate brownie the other day. it was really weird....

Jimmy said...

You've never heard of Wyatt Earp? Have you seen the movie "Tombstone"? It is the greatest movie in the history of movies. ;o)

Yeah? That does sound weird. You sound conflicted. Did you like it?

M said...

no i haven't seen Tombstone. its an old western i'm guessing? i've got such a long list of movies i need to rent... maybe i'll add that one to it.

well, you couldn't really eat it all at once. the german chocolate frosting didn't go well with the brownie. so you had to eat the frosting first, and then the brownie. they're both good by themselves. :-)

Jimmy said...

Well, it's not really an old Western. I think it was made in the early 90s. Check it out...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/

Interesting. I may have to give that a whirl. ;o)

M said...

well, everyone has probably seen this movie but me, so i feel kind of dumb (since it was in my lifetime and all).... but i'll definitely have to see it sometime soon now.

Jimmy said...

naaaah, no need to feel dumb. Just rent it. You're a daisy if ya do! ;o)

Val Kilmer is outstanding as Doc Holliday and Kurt Russell plays Wyatt Earp.

M said...

a daisy, huh? :-)

okay well, my friend seconded the recommendation. he said it was an awesome movie. so i believe you now. i just might rent it tonight....

Jimmy said...

haha! ;o) Watch the movie and you'll know what I meant. ;o)

C'mon now! You didn't believe me??? You'll dig it, I'm sure.

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

I'm your Huckleberry...

Jimmy said...

HAHA!!! There ya go! I got two guns...one for each of ya!