Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Return from LA LA land...

The trip to LA was a success and I learned a TON while I was out there.

Here are some of the non-work-related highlights:

  • The hotel was insane! They booked me in a room on the 30th floor which faced West. You really didn't have to ever leave the hotel if you didn't want to. It was like a city in itself.
  • Since I was facing West, I saw the sun set every night and I could aaaaaalmost make out the Hollywood sign.
  • The room was immaculate and the entire West wall was comprised of a series of windows. At night I would completely open the blinds and fall asleep looking at all the city lights. It was (to say the least) inspiring! I took pictures but of course my camera phone is lacking.
  • My Sacto girl arranged for a (big) bottle of Crown, an assortment of non-alcoholic beverages, ice, a flower and a card to be delivered to my room. It made my whole week! T, you soooooooooo rock girl! It's sooooo ON when I get back to Sac.
  • The hotel room in which I stayed had a clear view of the other hotel rooms to the North of me and I saw a couple going at it. I think she was a call-girl. She had rhythm but he totally sucked. Dude looked soooo awkward that I couldn't bring myself to look after about 2 minutes.
  • I had forgotten how different the girl to guy ratio is there as it's compared to D-town. Gaaaaaaaawd, LA is jam-packed with beautiful women. I think I'll stop there before I get myself in too much trouble.
  • I saw more Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Masaritis than I have ever seen.
  • I saw more bums and crazy people than I have ever seen.
  • The sushi was out of control. Probably some of the best raw fish I've ever had in my life.
  • Green tea was everywhere. I still think that stuff tastes like crap but I've heard it's like THE thing to put in your body.
  • I don't think I've ever paid $5.00 for a bottle of water so that was a new experience. I'm a big fan of the company dime!
  • I finally saw the Santa Monica Pier. We had dinner at one of the restaurants. Very good. Very over priced...but very good.
  • Late business dinners prevented me from checking out all that the night life has to offer but I'm sure I'll be back there soon...maybe even as soon as next week.
I posted some pics on my Flickr. Yeah, I know...I need a digital camera.

It's good to be home.

5 comments:

M said...

glad you had a good time! :-)

Jimmy said...

Manda: Thanks! Like I said, it's good to be home. ;o)

Brownie: Oooooooh, You're killin' me! Well, I could expound on CISCO content switches and how we communicate over RF using UDP but I decided you probably weren't interested in that.

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Welcome back Jimmy!

...I think she was a call-girl. She had rhythm but he totally sucked. Dude looked soooo awkward that I couldn't bring myself to look...

That is absolutely frickin' hilarious!

I saw more bums and crazy people than I have ever seen.

You owe yourself a trip to Seattle then. Homeless capital of the world! Okay, maybe just the US. Anyway, lemme know when you book your tickets. ;)

Anonymous said...

All those women you said you saw looked like pigions to me??

Jimmy said...

Ever: Thanks brother! It's good to be home. Seriously! That guy looked like a monkey trying to bang a football. So funny! And, heeeeeeell yeah! I do need to get out there to see ya! I've never been to Redmond and I'd love to check out the campus.

Anonymous: haha! I didn't really take any pictures of them. Sorry. You're just going to have to go experience it for yourself.