Thursday, August 11, 2005

My brain...

...is about ready to explode. I've been sucking in as much information as I can about this LA project in the past few days. There's just so much to learn and so little time. It's kind of hard to become a subject matter expert in a week but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it once I get down there and get "my hands dirty". Just knowing I'm walking into a volatile situation to begin with is pretty intimidating but there's at least one mitigating factor: the two guys I will be traveling with are also pretty sharp so they (the powers that be) definitely put the right team together for this task.

My motto for next week: If I can't baffle them with my brilliance, I'll dazzle them with my bullshit.

In other news...I got a text from my ex-girlfriend yesterday. Here's the way it went...
ex-girlfriend: Hi, how have you been?
me (1+ hour later): Good! Thanks.
ex-girlfriend (immediate response): Anything new?
ex-girlfriend (1+ hour later): Anything new?
ex-girlfriend (2 hours later): Anything new?

Completely knowing where she was going with this question, I decided to burst her bubble. See the way she operates? She didn't know that her friends have kept in contact with me and that I knew as much as I did. This is the kind of thing I dealt with in the relationship and I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with it when we're not. Drama free, bebe! Thank God!
me: Jennifer, I've known for quite some time that you are pregnant and now you're married. Good luck to you. Is there something else you needed from me?
ex-girlfriend (immediate response): For 1 I am pregnant not married and I never said I needed anything from you. just wanted to see how your doing.
me (1+ hour later): Oh, good! Thanks.

OK...today I get a flurry of text messages and emails and I have yet to respond to any of them. She cracks me up. I mean, I deleted her number like months ago and I knew the only way I was going to ever see her again was at her Dad's bar (they have great Mexican food). Moreover, she's packin' a pup and if she's not married, she will be soon...shotgun style of course. So what's the point of contacting me? Why would she even have my number?

7 comments:

M said...

nice motto.

the funny thing is, when things end with someone, you always miss them a little, and often times wish things were different. it doesn't mean you can change it... but that's probably why she's contacting you, because she's feeling that regret.

i know whenever i've gotten in touch with exes, it's because i want to feel like i was important to them, and they still miss me. it's like fishing for something to hold on to. it's an ego boost if they're still thinking about me, etc. i know that sounds messed up... but i bet a lot of woman are like that.

so you like the home improvement stores, huh? :-) i could spend hours and hours and hours in the garden section....

EverlastingKnowItAll said...

Atta boy!

Jimmy said...

Manda: Yeah, still though...just seems odd to me. I wasted enough time thinking about her when she made the choices she made back in the day. I too love the garden section of HD. I think I'll pick up a few hibiscus this weekend.

Ever: Oh yeah...you know the way we do it up in here. Jimmy's BACK, bebe!

Lilly: You're exactly right. That was my first thought. I just received another email from her as I was replying to your comments.

From: ex-girlfriend
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 4:20 PM
To: Jimmy
Subject:


well,
you dont know the story, or the situation. you have know idea what is going on so as far as I am concerned you have no room to judge me or what i do, one thing i do remember about you is you were not judmental but now that it comes to me youwant to be and thats okay!!! but maybe you should keep your comments to yourself untill you know the whole story you have no right or reason to be dissappoined in me. maybe if you cared so much you were want to know what happen and whats going on in my head.
next time I decide to be concerned about you I will be more carefull in asking.

M said...

guess things didn't end all too well, huh? :-(

Paul said...

manda, i would suggest Jimmy shouldn't be so rude to you. text him something back like 'up yours dick head'

M said...

yeah, sorry Paul, but Jimmy's been really nice in general. he was talking about an ex i think, and that's not me. thanks for the concern though. hehe. :-)

Jimmy said...

Manda: nope...they sure didn't. It's just kind of ironic but it's in the past now.

Paul: C'mon man...catch up brother. ;o) Manda isn't my ex. And, I don't think I was even rude to my "ex". I was cordial at least and firm at best.

Anonymous: yeah...it's all good. An understandable mistake. I've made a few of them in my lifetime. OK, only one but I've forgiven myself. ;o)

Manda: ...and there ya have it.