Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Static!




I don't know what the deal is but my pants and shirts came out of the dryer with static cling this last go-'round. I swear I used fabric softening sheets, I use descent soap when washing and I never overload the dryer.

It really is driving me crazy today. I'm thinking there has to be a way to get rid of this nuisance by releasing the charge. And, it's probably some really simple method that only a few engi-nerds know about.

I spent some time this morning researching different methods but everything I found relates to either washing the clothes or drying them. I need something right now before I breakdown and take everything off!

Don't tempt me static cling, 'cause I'll do it!!!! ;o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick your finger in a electric plug in that will relive it.

M said...

go find a car door to open. that always gets me un-charged.

Jimmy said...

Anonymous: haha! I'll get right on that. I'm sure that would help. I love electricity so!

manda: I tried that at lunch today and it worked for like 10 minutes. I started walking and I was back in static-hell.

M said...

come on Jimmy, where'd ya go??? you must be busy lately... i'm missing the frequent updates. :-)

Jimmy said...

I've been slammed the past couple weeks. Things will slow down shortly. Damn work getting in the way of my blogging! ;o)

Jimmy said...

Cookie: Ya know, I think you may have something there. I normally lotion-up everday (it's dry in CO) but I didn't that day! Thanks!