Thursday, June 09, 2005

I hate to admit this but I am actually sore from working in the yard for the past couple weeks. My hands are banged up and my body is sore but it's a good feeling.

I bought a 20 foot trucker chain a few days ago and I've been pulling stumps out of the ground with my truck for the past two nights (...no, it's not going to hurt my truck). My beautiful lawn is now...well...not so beautiful in a few places. I just need to add seed and some of that sheep and peat I got last time from "Santa Fe Sand and Gravel" (on Santa Fe over by ACC) and it'll bounce back.

The South side of the house is coming along nicely though. I'm going to start leveling that area tonight and hopefully get the timed drip irrigation installed, the landscaping material down and the landscaping wood boarder in place this weekend. Then I'll just need to set out the whiskey barrels, start planting and have the rock delivered. It's going to look good! I can't wait! I think I can knock most of it out tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday so I can head up to Jackson to help my parents work on their new deck and to get some quality water time in.

So much for having computer-geek hands.

No comments: