Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Wow! Luuuuuuuucky! You know you're having a bad vacation when something like that happens. I don't know what this guy did after he was rescued but having been in that position before, I can tell you what I did...I found the closest bottle of "whatever" and did a shot or five. That's not a good feeling.

At least this guy had a life-jacket. Like an idiot, I wasn't wearing one. I had just gotten done with a wakeboard set and decided to take the ski for a spin while the big boat was being pulled out of the water. A bad wind storm came up and I ended up falling off the ski. I couldn't swim to it fast enough and the wind took it to shore. So basically I was negotiating 4-5 foot wind rollers and treading water for about an hour (+) until I was finally able to get to one of those no wake buoys. I was praying to God that some yahoo in a boat didn't run me over. I tried to be as calm as I possibly could so I could evaluate my situation but it was really hard to do when waves are slappin' ya upside your head. I'm a great swimmer and I've been around water all my life but that spooked me.

Moral of the story: (learn from my experiences...) wear your life vest when you do shit like that.

No comments: