Monday, June 13, 2005

Yup...this article pretty much sums up the Tyson fight...and his career. Yet again, Tyson got out-boxed...and this time the guy wasn't even that good.

The fight was a joke. Tyson is a dirty "fighter"...plain and simple. He is not a boxer now nor has he ever been a boxer. I haven't looked at the score cards but McBride was way ahead in every round as far as I could tell. Tyson knew he was getting beat so he reverted to his old tactics: twisting an arm, low blows, and head-butting. In my opinion, that cat shouldn't be allowed to enter into a boxing ring ever again. I would, however, like to see him get pounded in the UFC. Pretty much anything goes there. It's really sad because I love the sport (I come from a long line of boxers...but my parents wouldn't let me so I wrestled instead) but boxing has gone to H+E+double hockey sticks in the past 10-15 years (thanks Don!). Aaaaaah, yes...Tyson is finally finished or at least he should be until he needs to (his words) "pay the bills [again]". It makes me wonder why people actually spend good money to see him fight. The lower weight classes are more fun to watch anyway. They go the distance a lot more and those guys know how to get-down.

No comments: