Thursday, July 21, 2005

blah! In the nicest way possible...

I give! I seriously give! Quite frankly, women are impossible to figure out...in a good way. I guess that's what intrigues me so much. I am beguiled and I love it!

I had a conversation with one of my female friends the other day and I've been thinking about it a lot and I hope she doesn't mind if I share (not that I think she reads this anyway). She's a GREAT person, smooooookin' hot, married and wants to have kids soon. Very attractive, very attracted, this girl is pretty much the total package however, she is spoken-for which make it fair game for me to bounce women-related questions off of her. This time I didn't even pose a question. She had her own and proceeded to go right for my throat,
"Jimmy, you really think there is a girl out there that wouldn't make you look
the other way again? Just wondering. Not saying you are a player (NEVER thought
that), BUT could you settle for just one gal if she was the right one?"

My retort:
"OK...this is gonna get a little deep. I'm a lover...not a
player. I have a ton of love to give and I know it's well within
my power to shower all of that love on one woman. Of course it gets a
little complicated...mix of affection and keeping me on my toes (etc.) but,
she has to be out there...just has to be. I don't know...I really do
want to kick azz with someone in life."

And, then I started thinking about her question. It has plagued me. I've had dreams about it. I'll be working and it'll just pop in my mind. I'll be driving somewhere and *bink* there it is. Why would she ask that? Is it because she thinks it's impossible for me to love one woman? I wonder if everyone around me has the same perception.

I'm not really susceptible to bouts of questioning myself or my actions but this one hit home.

I do want to find "the one"...
don't I?

You know the stories. You know what I mean. I'm sure all of us have heard them..."I met Jane at a party and I 'knew' right then and there that I was going to marry that woman!" "You'll know too, Jimmy! You'll know." Or, "I bumped into John at the mall and I 'knew' he was the one for me." If I had a nickel for every time I heard that...well...I'd have a bucket full of nickels.

Well, they're all smokin' crack...and I mean that in the nicest way possible. There's like some private fraternal mojo that happens when these people get married and they are instructed to say shit like that to all of us "single" folk as a means of torture.

People tell me I'm picky. To that I say, hell yeah. Again, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

haha! Blog updated. Get you some.

M said...

i think "the one" can be right under our noses forever and we just don't know it.

it's really all about the timing.

Jimmy said...

Ya know, that is very true. But I won't settle for less than the best (for me). I love that pic, by the way! :o)