Friday, July 08, 2005

bon voyage


So I went over to Tami's place to see Jonelle and Jeff off last night. Of course I sucked it up and kind of kept it light but in all honesty, I said goodbye with such a heavy heart that it choked me up. Jonelle has been like a big sister to me (not that I really know how that whole sister\brother thing is supposed to flow).

I met her on a "girl's camping trip" to Guernsey, WY. I was supposed to be a "cabana-boy" or some crap and when I found out what that really meant, I wasn't havin' it. I said I'd go to help teach everyone to wakeboard and make sure everyone was safe but that's where it ended. I'm no chump and I wasn't about to bow-down. So they decided to invite some other guy to be their cabana-boy. This guy was making all the drinks, giving them back rubs and pretty much making a fool out of himself in general..."are you comfortable?"..."do you need me to fluff your pillow?"..."let me feed you some grapes."...that type of shit. I've never had so much fun laughing at somebody trying so hard in my entire life. Hell, I even made him get me a beer or two. Of course the fatties were all over my case because he was doing all this cabana-boy *work* for them. One of the bigger ones decided to call me out in front of everyone by demanding that I fix a drink for her and as you can imagine, that pretty much went over like a lead-balloon...I think I told her she looked like she needed the exercise and I made some mention of Sea World. I guess no trip with that many women is going to be drama-free. Anyway, Jonelle and I pretty much talked trash and laughed our asses off the entire weekend...we instantly became friends.

Some of the most memorable times of my life have been spent in her company. She has helped me grow personally as well as professionally...I am forever grateful.

3 cheers to safe trips, good friends and new experiences. Have fun in Japan!

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Oh, this guy was such a tool. According to my friends, he really did think he was gonna get laid.

There's soooooo much more to that story...for instance, when we first pulled up, there was a fire truck at the campsite. I guess dude tried his luck with Tami and she shot him down so he took one of the jet-skis and hit a sandbar out in the middle of nowhere. He had been out there for like 4 hours. He was sunburned, hypothermic, and dehydrated (mostly because of the alcohol). Plus, the ski was trashed…sand in the intake. I’d never met this guy before but I just looked at him and shook my head.