Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I'm embarrassed...

People like this tend to piss me off. Bottom line: the woman is just starved for attention and has a screw or two loose.

Thinking back, my parents were pretty liberal raising me. Of course, they didn't feed me booze, give me drugs or solicit my friends like this nutcase did but I was able to do things most kids had to lie about...but that's the relationship I had with my parents. I was able to go to parties with one caveat: I would call them if ever I or any one of my friends were too drunk to drive home. Yeah, I got in my fair share of trouble growing up, but I always fessed up in one way or the other and I either learned how not to get caught or to stay out of trouble all together. And I never got into drugs...I didn't see the point. I had enough fun drinking. I had friends who smoked weed or did other stuff and they were always sitting on some couch somewhere zoned out staring at the wall or some shit. It just never really looked fun to me.

When we were at the lake, it didn't matter. My Mom always said that if I passed out, the hardest thing I would hit on the way down would be sand. My Dad didn't like it just because I was drinking his stuff. He finally cut me off and said I had to figure out how to buy my own. Of course, where there's a will, there's a way. ;o)

I guess it made me respect them and open up to them a little more than most.

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

Ya know, I was there too! I was like "Somebody, pleeeeeeeeease get this old lady with saggy h00ters off of me!".

Anonymous said...

i know your dad and the stuff you though you got to drink was really colored water with a tast of spice he knew more of what was going on than you think haah

Jimmy said...

haha! You "know" my Dad or you ARE my Dad? ;o)